Romp’s Water Port is proud to announce our 60th Anniversary. In three generations of family ownership, Romp’s has been transformed from marsh to one of Lake Erie’s best known marinas.
In August of 1956 Laura and Robb Romp agreed to purchase a piece of undeveloped swampland next to the Vermilion River in the middle of a small village. The agreement was hashed out then eventually signed on a brown paper bag the second week of August 1956. The transfer of ownership was finalized in January of 1957.