We know this weekend has a lot going on, so get ready to light up the end of your work week. On June 17th, the Fish Festival committee will presenting it’s annual FIREWORKS! This exciting event will take place right off of Vermilion’s own breakwall at the entrance to the harbor.
(pic above linked from Vermilion Chamber of Commerce, courtesy of Vermilion Photog Scott Dommin).
Due to safety, and the fact it will be held at the mouth of the Vermilion River there are some issues that all boaters should be aware of. The details below were provided by the Festival of the Fish committee and the Vermilion Chamber of Commerce:
- Due to the safety of this event we are asking spectators and boaters to take a look at the map (below) of the area and please be aware of our safety zones that will be set in place.
- The west entrance to the Vermilion River will not be accessible once the fireworks are placed on the break wall. We are asking that boaters use the east entrance to navigate both in and out of the Vermilion River .
- There may be traffic interruption, click the chamber link above for details.
- The fireworks display is set to begin at dusk.
- There will be five to six temporary buoys set up 500’ around the detached break wall and boaters are permitted to watch the fireworks show on the north side of these buoys.
- Both attached piers the one by Main Street Beach and the other by the Lagoon’s beach will be off limits to spectators.
- The fireworks display will be visible by personal boat on the Lake, Main Street Beach and Festival area.
- Festival organizers thank you in advance for understanding and hope you get a chance to attend this event.
So get ready to get a real bang out of your summer!