We know it’s a little ways off yet, but we thought we would get the word out about an exciting addition to this years Fish Festival. On June 13th, the Fish Festival committee will presenting the 2nd annual FIREWORKS! This exciting event will take place right off of Vermilion’s own breakwall at the entrance to the harbor.
(pic below just a generalized example for entertainment purposes).
Due to safety, and the fact it will be held at the mouth of the Vermilion River there are some issues that all boaters should be aware of. The details below were provided by the Festival of the Fish committee and the Vermilion Chamber of Commerce:
- Due to the safety of this event we are asking spectators and boaters to take a look at the map (below) of the area and please be aware of our safety zones that will be set in place.
- The west entrance to the Vermilion River will not be accessible once the fireworks are placed on the break wall. We are asking that boaters use the east entrance to navigate both in and out of the Vermilion River .
- There will be complete river closure starting at 9:30pm until 11pm.
- The fireworks display is set to begin at 10:00pm.
- There will be five to six temporary buoys set up 500’ around the detached break wall and boaters are permitted to watch the fireworks show on the north side of these buoys.
- Both attached piers the one by Main Street Beach and the other by the lagoons beach will be off limits to spectators.
- The fireworks display will be visible by personal boat on the Lake, Main Street Beach and Festival area.
- Thank you in advance for understanding as we understand there maybe a few inconveniences.
So get ready to get a real bang out of your summer!